5th Annual End of Year Book Survey – 2014 Edition!
Posted by Caitie F on December 31, 2014
Thanks to Jamie at The Perpetual Page-Turner for this amazing survey. I added and subtracted a little.
Number Of Books You Read: 104
Books by Female Authors: 81
Books by Male Authors: 23
Diverse Authors: 11
Adult Books: 34
YA Books: 53
MG Books: 16
Books in Series: 57
Standalone Books: 47
1. Best Book You Read In 2014?
Backlist:The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
Frontlist: Blind by Rachel DeWoskin
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
I can’t remember – I don’t finish/log books I don’t like!
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read in 2014?
Wonder by R J Palacio – I didn’t think it could live up to the hype but it did.
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did) In 2014?
Between Heaven and Texas by Marie Bostwick
5. Best series you started in 2014? Best Sequel of 2014? Best Series Ender of 2014?
Best series I started: The Abhorsen Trilogy by Garth Nix
Sequel: Cress by Marissa Meyer
Series Ender: Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2014?
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
Arcadia by Lauren Groff
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
Abhorsen by Garth Nix
9. Book You Read In 2014 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
My True Love Gave to Me Edited By Stephanie Perkins
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2014?
11. Most memorable character of 2014?
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2014?
Everything Leads to You by Nina LaCour
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2014?
Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg really made me think about everything differently!
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2014 to finally read?
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2014?
I don’t know!
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2013?
Shortest: One Crazy Summer by Rita Williams-Garcia at 215 pages
Longest: City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare at 725 pages
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
Under the Never Sky by Veronixa Rossi – I was shocked at how great it was!
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
Since spoilers, I will just say the book: Everything Leads to You!
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
The siblings in I’ll Give You the Sun
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2014 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
21. Best Book You Read In 2014 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2014?
I can’t think of any that would be new fictional crushes this year!
23. Best 2014 debut you read?
Cinder by Marissa Meyer
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
The world of the Abhorsen Trilogy
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
The Secret Diary of Lizzie Bennet
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2014?
Blind by Rachel Dewoskin
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
Blind by Rachel Dewoskin
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
None that i can think of!
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2014?
Hyperbole and a Half by Allie Brosh
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
Ignite Me, because it meant the series was over.