Read-a-thon Wrap Up!
Posted by Caitie F on October 14, 2012
I hope everyone had a fun and successful read-a-thon, I know I did!
Reading right now: The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan
Books finished: Seriously, I’m Kidding by Ellen Degeneres, The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame, Calico Joe by John Grisham, Drama by Raina Telgemeier The Golden Compass by Phillip Pullman, and The City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare
Pages read since last update: 628
Total pages read: 1,814
Total time spent reading: 12 hours 20 minutes
Snacks: Dinner – stew, piece of Entemann’s cake
Ll that reading and I am still 6 books behind my goodreads goal for the year!
- Which hour was most daunting for you?
Hour 9 when I had to take a power nap!
- Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
I am nto a huge graphic novel fan, but Drama was really good. Ellen’s book was also very funny and I think funny memoir-y type books go really fast!
- Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Nope, it was perfect
- What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
The cheerleaders and hosts were amazing!
- How many books did you read?
6 and 1/3
- What were the names of the books you read?
- Which book did you enjoy most?
- Which did you enjoy least?
The one I couldn’t get more than a few pages through.
- If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
Not one, but they rocked
- How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
As long as I don’t have plans, i’m totally doing it! I will probably just be a reader again.
I wanted to say a special thanks to all of the volunteers who made this such a great event. They were amazing! Also, a special thanks to Dawn at She if Too Fond of Books . She cheered me on through twitter all dya and really gave great encouragement and advice!
Excited to see everyone else’s posts!