End of the Year Survey!
Posted by Caitie F on December 30, 2011
So I think I will only finish one or two more books this year, and I really don’t think that they will be the answers to any of these questions, so I figured I would do the year end survey done by The Perpetual Page-Turner. I have skippe dsome questions that don’t really apply!
1. Best Book You Read In 2011?
So hard to pick just one..but since I have to go with Shine by Lauren Myracle
2. Most Disappointing Book/Book You Wish You Loved More Than You Did?
Bumped by Megan Mcafferty. I adored the Jessica Darling series and was so excited to read something else, but it was just so eh.
3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2011?
Velva Jean Learns to Drive. It is not my usual kind of book, but a publicist recommended it at BEA and I absolutely adored it!
4. Book you recommended to people most in 2011?
I think it was still The Hunger Games…other than that Steve Jobs
5. Best series you discovered in 2011?
The Song of Ice and Fire – Am done with a book and a half but I love it!
6. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2011?
Well, George R R Martin for one. Also, Kristin Cashore, Lev Grossman, and Walter Isaacson
7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
The Woman Who Fell From the Sky – it was a memoir that has interested me in so many others!
8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2011?
Well it isn’t out yet, but I already read Pure and it was amazing!
9. Book you most anticipated in 2011?
Across the Universe! It did not disappoint!
11. Most memorable character in 2011?
Lola from Lola and the Boy Next Door
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2011?
Life Itself by Roger Ebert
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2011 to finally read?
The Game os Thrones
Book Blogging/Reading Life in 2011 (optional)
6. Best moment of book blogging in 2011?
BEA. IT was awesome. Going in 2012 too, but with work.
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
I reached my goal of 100 books!
For challenges, not so well. I completed TwentyEleven, GLBT, and What’s in a Name…and failed at both TBR challenges, the Murakami challenge, Book Bloggers Rec Challenge, and the one I hosted. Oops
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2011 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2012?
The next two George R R Martin Books
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2012?
Pure…cause I want everyone else to read it! Also, The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
In the next few days I will be posting my Best of 2011 (all books that I gave a 10 rating and the best 9s) and my 2012 goals!