Challenge Sign up: The 2011 TBR Pile Challenge
Posted by Caitie F on December 15, 2010
This challenge is being hosted by Room Beam Reader
To finally read 12 books from your “to be read” pile, within 12 months.
1. Each of these 12 books must have been on your bookshelf or “To Be Read” list for AT LEAST one full year. This means the book cannot have a publication date of 1/1/2010 or later. Caveat: Two (2) alternates are allowed, just in case one or two of the books end up in the “can’t get through” pile.
2. To be eligible, you must sign-up with Mr. Linky
3. Your list must be posted by Friday, December 31st, 2010.
4. Every person who successfully reads his/her 12 books and/or alternates (and who provides a working link to their list, which has links to the review locations) will be entered to win a $50 gift card from either Amazon.com or The Book Depository!
5. There may be mini-challenge “check-ins” throughout 2011, to award and recognize those participants who are progressing through the challenge. Participants who are making equal progress to-date (6 books at the 6 month check-in, for example) could win a prize!
6. Crossovers from other challenges are totally acceptable, as long as you have never read the book before and it was published pre-2010!
*Note – You can edit your list through Dec. 31st. As of 1/1/2011, the posted list needs to be final. Also, you can read the books on your list in any order; they do not need to be read in the order you have them listed. 🙂
My list – to choose my list I went on my spreadsheet of books, figured out the ones that had been there for over a year and put them on random.org. They are all books I have been meaning to read for a while!
1. The innocent Man by John Grisham
2. Be Strong and Curvaceous by Shelley Adina
3. Sounds Like Crazy by Shana Mahaffey
4. Plan B by Jenny O’Connell
5. A Proud Taste for Scarlet and Miniver by E.L. Konigsburg
6. The Boyfriend List by E. Lockhart
7. 1921: The Great Novel of the Irish Civil War by Morgan Llywelyn
8. Hot Seat: Theater Criticism for the Ny Times 1980-1993 by Frank Rich
9. Parrot and Oliver in America by Peter Carey
10. The Corrections by Johnathan Frazen
11. Barefoot: A Novel by Elin Hilderbrand
12. Bergendorf Blondes by Plum Skyes
There are some tough books on that list…glad i have some just for fun too!