2011 GLBT Challenge
Posted by Caitie F on December 11, 2010
The basic idea of this challenge is to read books about GLBT topics and/or by GLBT authors.
The challenge runs year-round as usual, but instead of requiring a certain number of books, this year I’m handling this challenge in a more do-it-yourself sort of fashion. You set your own goal. Make it work for you. The important thing here is simply to get us reading GLBT lit. You don’t need to choose your books right away, and they can change at any time. Overlaps with other challenges are fine.
So I am going to set my goal with 10 books. My list will be on here with links to reviews.
1. If You Follow Me by Malena Watrous
2. Boys and Girls Together by William Goldman
3. Dash & Lily’s Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
4. Boy Meets Boy by David Levithan
5. Nick & Norah’s Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
6. Dramarama by E Lockhart
7. Are We There Yet? by David Levithan
8. Shine by Lauren Myracle
9. Huntress by Malinda Lo
10. The Woman Who Fell from the Sky by Jennifer Steil