MizB at Should Be Reading is hosting the 2010 TBR Challenge. And I decided to join…today! At the very last minute…I like to keep things interesting!
** Pick 12 books – one for each month of the year – that you’ve been wanting to read (that have been on your “ToBe Read” list) for 6 months or longer, but haven’t gotten around to.
* the challenge is to read 12 TBR books in 12 months — you can read those all in one month if you want, or one a month, or however you wanna do it.
* you should have a list posted somewhere for others to see
* you CANNOT change your list after January 1st, of the current year!!!
* you can create an Alternates list of MAXIMUM 12 books, if you want, in order to have options to choose from (you can read these in place of books on your original list).
* audiobooks and e-books ARE allowed
* re-reads are NOT allowed, as they aren’t TRUE “TBRs”
* you CAN overlap with other challenges
* OPTIONAL: you can join the Yahoo! Group created for participants of the TBR Challenge, if you want to have a place to keep your list, or just to share with others about how you’re doing!
** OPTIONAL: Create a list of 12 “Alternates” (books you could substitute for your challenge books, given that a particular one doesn’t grab you at the time)
** Then, starting January 1, read one of these books from your list each month, ending December 31. )
By the end of the year you should’ve knocked 12 books off of your TBR list! (of course, if you’re anything like me, you’ll have added *at LEAST* 12 more to the ever-growing pile by then!).
The good news is, though, that you’ll be making some progress! ;o)
Here is my main list
1. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (Done and reviewed!)
2. Absolutely Maybe by Lisa Yee (Done and reviewed!)
3. Blink by Malcolm Gladwell (Done and reviewed!)
4. Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson
5. The Queen’s Fool by Philippa Gregory (Done)
6. Inkspell by Cornelia Funke (Done and reviewed!)
7. Eragon by Christopher Paolini (Done)
8. Size 12 is Not Fat by Meg Cabot (Done and reviewed!)
9. Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen (Done)
10. Boot Camp by Todd Strasser (Done and reviewed!)
11. Love, Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli (Done and reviewed!)
12. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson (Done and reviewed!
The alternates list!
1. Admission by Jean Hanff Korelitz (Done)
2. No Way To Treat a First Lady by Christopher Buckley (Done and Reviewed!)
3. Firmin by Sam Savage (Done)
4. If I Stay by Gayle Forman (Done and reviewed!)
5. Tuesdays With Morrie by Mitch Albom
6. Honeymoon With My Brother by Franz Wisner
7. Naked by David Sedaris
8. Choke by Chuck Palahniuk
9. 1776 by David McCullough
10. The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
11. Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz (Done and reviewed!)
12. My Losing Season by Pat Conroy